MONTHLY MINUTES FOR: 11 April 2023
The opening ceremony for a regular meeting was conducted in accordance with the Veterans of Foreign Wars Ritual; the meeting opened at 1115 hours by Post Commander Charlie Spain. Opening prayers were given by Comrade Webber
ROLL CALL OF OFFICERS
- Commander – Charlie Spain – Present
- Senior Vice Commander – Andrew Dzurissin – Excused
- Junior Vice Commander – Edward “Pete” Brozowski - Present
- Quartermaster – Tim Aukshun - Present
- Chaplain - James Rodgers – Absent
- Trustee One – Fred Russian – Present
- Trustee Two – Roscoe McGlynn - Excused
- Trustee Three – Garret Bridges - Excused
- Adjutant – Bud St.Onge – Present
- Judge Advocate – Bud St.Onge – Present
- Surgeon –Andrew Dzurissin – Excused
- Safety Officer – Rhett Webber – Present
- Service Officer - Rhett Webber - Present
- Scholarship Committee Chairman—Tim Aukshun - Present
- Seam Squirrel – Rhett Webber – Present
- National Home/POW/MIA Chairman - Rhett Webber – Present
- Webmaster – Pete Brozowski – Present
- Historian—Pete Brozowski - Present
- OOD – Garret Bridges – Excused
Commander Spain made the following temporary appointment: Comrade Tim Aukshun to serve as the ODD for today’s meeting.
There were 6 members in attendance
Commander Spain recognized the following distinguished attendees:
- Past Department, District and Post Commander Rhett Webber
- Past District and Post Commander Tim Aukshun
- Past District and Post Commander Bud St.Onge
UNDRAPING OF THE CHARTER: None
READING, REFERRING MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS:
- Steven M. Lewis, application approved and verified. He will be sworn in at the next meeting.
- Mark Low, verifying service in Korea
- Post 9892 has been offered 5 prospective new members from a VFW post in Korea. A motion was made by Comrade Brozowski to turn down the offer for various reasons, motion seconded by Comrade Aukshun, no discussion, motion approved.
READING OF MINUTES: The Minutes from the March 14, 2023 meeting have been posted on the Post website and distributed via email. A motion to accept the minutes was made by comrade St.Onge seconded by comrade Brozowski, no discussion, motion approved
QUARTERMASTER’S REPORT: QM Aukshun said that all is good financially. A motion to accept the QM report was made by comrade Aukshun, seconded by comrade Brozowski, no discussion, motion approved.
READING OF BILLS: None
OFFICIAL CORRESPONDENCE: None
COMRADE OR FAMILY OF A COMRADE IN DISTRESS:
- Comrade Ransom is still homebound, Comrade Bridges and Mesaros recovering from surgery. Comrade Dozier recovering at home from a recent illness.
REPORT OF SERVICE OFFICER: Attached
REPORTS OF OFFICERS:
• SURGEON: Attached
• JUDGE ADVOCATE: None
• CHAPLAIN: None
• HISTORIAN: None •
SAFETY OFFICER: Attached
COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN REPORTS:
• BUDDY POPPY: 420 pesos collected at today’s meeting
• COMMUNITY SERVICE: All CSRs should be inputted on the new VFW DPA page at www.vfwpacific.org
• NATIONAL HOME: Attached
• POW/MIA: None
• MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE REPORT: None
• BUDGET COMMITTEE: None
• SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE: None
• SEAM SQUIRREL: None
• CCO COMMITTEE: None
A motion was made by comrade Aukshun to accept all committee reports, seconded by
comrade Brozowski, no discussion. motion approved.
REMEMBER OUR NATIONAL HOME:A prayer was said by Comrade Webber, in remembrance of our National Home.
- Nominations for the new term have been completed and are now closed. The position of Chaplin had two candidates, James Rodgers and Bruce Stevens. A vote was taken and Comrade Stevens was elected to be the Post Chaplin for the new term. Pete withdrew from JVC and nominated DZ who accepted. DZ withdrew as SVC and nominated Peter Brozowski who accepted. Comrade Aukshun made a motion to elect all unopposed and elected candidates for the new term, motion seconded by Comrade Brozowski, no discussion, motion approved. Below are the new officers that will assume their role for the new term in June, after the National election.
- Commander: Charlie Spain
- Senior Vice Commander: Pete Brozowski
- Junior Vice Commander: DZ
- Chaplin: Bruce Stevens
- Quartermaster: Tim Aukshun
- Trustee 1: Garrett Bridges
- Trustee 2: Roscoe McGlynn
- Trustee 3: Fred Russian
- Comrade Webber made a motion that the post purchase 4 podium edition of the new VFW by-laws for the new elected officers, seconded by Comrade St.Onge, no discussion, motion approved.
GOOD OF THE ORDER:
- Commander Spain reinforced the need for members to report all services that they provide in the community, no matter how small.
- The 79th Leyte Gulf Landings anniversary commemoration at the MacArthur Landing National Park in Palo, Leyte will be held on October 20, 2023. If you are interested in attending, make your transportation and hotel reservations early. This event will be attended by the VFW Commander in Chief and high ranking Philippine government officials. More information on this event will be provided as it becomes available.
50/50 drawing Total: P600
Winner: Rhett Webber (P300)
Post amount: P300
The meeting closed at 1150 hours in accordance with the VFW ritual. The next Col B.J. Smith VFW Post 9892 meeting will be May 9 @ 1100, officers call will be at 1045. Location: Crown and Anchor Resto, #475 National Highway, Barangay Pagdalagan Sur, Bauang, La Union.