The opening ceremony for a regular meeting was conducted in accordance with the Veterans of Foreign Wars Ritual; the meeting opened at 1000 hours by Senior Vice Commander Dzurissin. Opening prayers were given by comrade Rodgers.
ROLL CALL OF OFFICERS
• Commander – Charlie Spain – Excused
• Senior Vice Commander – Andrew Dzurissin – Present
• Junior Vice Commander – Edward “Pete” Brozowski - Present
• Quartermaster – Tim Aukshun - Absent
• Chaplain - James Rodgers – Present
• Trustee One – Fred Russian – Present
• Trustee Two – Roscoe McGlynn - Excused
• Trustee Three – Present Garret Bridges - Present
• National Home/POW/MIA Chairman - Rhett Webber – Present
• Webmaster – Pete Brozowski – Present
• Historian—Pete Brozowski - Present
• OOD – Garret Bridges – Present
There were 8 members in attendance
SVC Commander Dzurissin recognized the following distinguished attendees:
All past Department, District and Post Commanders.
Past All American District 7 and Post Commander: Rhett Webber
READING, REFERRING MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS: None
READING OF MINUTES: The Minutes from the October 11, 2022 meeting have been posted on the Post website and distributed via email. A motion to accept the minutes was made by comrade Brozowski, seconded by comrade Bridges, no discussion, motion approved.
QUARTERMASTER’S REPORT: None
READING OF BILLS: None
OFFICIAL CORRESPONDENCE: None
COMRADE OR FAMILY OF A COMRADE IN DISTRESS:
• Dave Ransom is looking for a house to rent
REPORT OF SERVICE OFFICER: Attached
REPORTS OF OFFICERS:
• SURGEON: Attached
• JUDGE ADVOCATE: None
• CHAPLAIN: None
• HISTORIAN: None •
SAFETY OFFICER: Attached
COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN REPORTS:
• BUDDY POPPY: 540 pesos collected at today’s meeting
• COMMUNITY SERVICE: All CSRs should be inputted on the new VFW DPA page at www.vfwpacific.org
• NATIONAL HOME: Attached
• POW/MIA: None
• MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE REPORT: None
• BUDGET COMMITTEE: None
• SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE: None
• SEAM SQUIRREL: PT-7 will meet after todays VFW meeting.
• CCO COMMITTEE: All under control
A motion was made by comrade Bridges to accept all committee reports, seconded by comrade Rodgers, no discussion. motion approved.
REMEMBER OUR NATIONAL HOME:A prayer was said by Chaplin Rodgers, in remembrance of our National Home.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
NEW BUSINESS: None
GOOD OF THE ORDER:
On November 11th. Veterans Day Services will be held by the VA at the American Cemetery Manila and by Post 2485 at the American Clark Cemetery.
The District 7 quarterly meeting is scheduled for November 10, 2022, hosted by Post 2485.
A reminder that Tricare open enrollment is November 14 – December 13, 2022
50/50 DRAWING: 50/50 drawing:Total 700 Pesos. Comrade Brozowski won 350 Pesos and the post received 350 Pesos.
The meeting closed at 1027 hours in accordance with the VFW ritual. The next Col B.J. Smith VFW Post 9892 meeting will be December 13, 2022 @ 1000, officers call at 0945. Location: Crown & Anchor Resto, # 475 National Highway, Barangay Pagdalagan Sur, Bauang, La Union.