The opening ceremony for a regular meeting was conducted in accordance with the Veterans of Foreign Wars Ritual; the meeting opened at 1000 hours by Senior Vice Commander Dzurissin. Opening prayers were given by comrade Rodgers.
ROLL CALL OF OFFICERS:
• Commander – Charlie Spain – Present (via video)
• Senior Vice Commander – Andrew Dzurissin – Present
• Junior Vice Commander – Edward “Pete” Brozowski - Present
• Quartermaster – Tim Aukshun - Present
• Chaplain - James Rodgers – Present
• Trustee One – Fred Russian – Present
• Trustee Two – Roscoe McGlynn - Present
• Trustee Three – Present Garret Bridges - Present
• National Home/POW/MIA Chairman - Rhett Webber – Absent
• Webmaster – Pete Brozowski – Present
• Historian—Pete Brozowski - Present
• OOD – Garret Bridges – Present
There were 10 members in attendance.
SVC Commander Dzurissin recognized the following distinguished attendees:
• All past Department, District and Post Commanders.
o Past All American District 7 and Post Commander: Tim Aukshun
READING, REFERRING MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS: None
READING OF MINUTES: The Minutes from the September 13, 2022 meeting have been posted on the Post website and distributed via email. A motion to accept the minutes was made by comrade Aukshun seconded by comrade Bridges, no discussion, motion approved.
QUARTERMASTER’S REPORT: Comrade Aukshun provided us a comprehensive report on the Post financials and made a motion to accept the report, as audited, seconded by comrade Brozowski, no discussion, motion approved
READING OF BILLS: Patriots Pen fees are now due, comrade Rodgers made a motion make pay them, seconded by comrade McGlynn, no discussion, motion approved.
OFFICIAL CORRESPONDENCE: None
COMRADE OR FAMILY OF A COMRADE IN DISTRESS:
• The following comrades are still convalescing David Ransom, Larry Purdy, Jim Kiper, James Mann and Howard Williams.
REPORT OF SERVICE OFFICER: Attached
REPORTS OF OFFICERS:
• SURGEON: Attached
• JUDGE ADVOCATE: None
• CHAPLAIN: None
• HISTORIAN: None
• SAFETY OFFICER: Attached
COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN REPORTS:
• BUDDY POPPY: 300 Pesos collected at today’s meeting
• COMMUNITY SERVICE: All CSRs should be inputted on the new VFW DPA page at www.vfwpacific.org
• NATIONAL HOME: Attached
• POW/MIA: None
• MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE REPORT: None
• BUDGET COMMITTEE: None
• SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE: None
• SEAM SQUIRREL: No PT-7 meeting today
• CCO COMMITTEE: The following documents are attached: CCO official rules, CCO entry form and CCO Invitation letter. This year’s CCO we will be held at the Sunset View Resort (formally JD’s) and now under Bella’s management. Bella’s has 6 rooms for rent, so if you want to stay there for this event, contact them now. Parking will be available at the Sunset View Resort (next door with separate entrance). Signs will be posted to direct people to the Sunset View Resort driveway. The event will take place on November 26th. We need volunteers to be Chili judges 9 (5 tasters). Also, if you are interested in assisting the post with this event, let us know. Due to high demand for raffle tickets, we distributed all we initially had. However, we have printed 200 more. If you need more tickets let us know.
A motion was made by comrade Bridges to accept all committee reports, seconded by comrade Rodgers, no discussion. motion approved.
REMEMBER OUR NATIONAL HOME : A prayer was said by Comrade Rodgers, in remembrance of our National Home.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
NEW BUSINESS: None
GOOD OF THE ORDER:
• Social Security annual questionnaire: If you receive one from SSA, be sure to fill it out and return it to them. It is unclear at this time if they have been mailed by SSA. Also inform SSA of any changes to your mailing address, marital status or dependents.
• Comrade Russian mentioned he has been experiencing problems getting his address changed with the U.S. Embassy
• The District 7 quarterly meeting is scheduled for November 11, 2022, hosted by Post 2485. More information will be forthcoming.
50/50 DRAWING: Total 1000 pesos. Comrade Mesaros won 500 pesos and the post received 500 pesos.
BUDDY POPPY: P300
The meeting closed at 1030 hours in accordance with the VFW ritual. The next Col B.J. Smith VFW Post 9892 meeting will be November 8, 2022 @ 1000, officers call at 0930. Location: Crown & Anchor Resto, # 475 National Highway, Barangay Pagdalagan Sur, Bauang, La Union.